I cannot overestimate how delicious this dish is. I could truly eat this every day and any time I’ve shared it with people, they give rave review. This recipe blends an incredible combination of flavors, textures and aromas beckoning the Middle East. It’s wonderful on it’s own, or paired with falafel, hummus, baba ghanoush and pita. Give it a try!
Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Dressing, Dill, Dates & Pistachios
Serves 4 as a side
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon parika or harissa
- 1/3 C shelled pistachios
- 4-5 pitted dates, chopped
- 1C fresh dill, chopped
- small handful of fresh mint, chopped
– Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
– Lightly grease a large baking sheet with a light layer of oil (I used grapeseed oil since it’s high-heat friendly).
– Cut the cauliflower into bite-size florets, place on the baking sheet and cook for 25-35 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
– While the cauliflower is cooking, prepare the dressing. In a large bowl, whisk together the tahini, warm water, lemon juice, olive oil, harissa/paprika, and garlic. Season with salt and adjust to taste.
– Heat a small pan over medium head and toast the pistachios, tossing frequently, until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Or you can throw them onto a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for a couple of minutes – just don’t forget about them!
– Finely chop the dates. Chop the fresh dill and mint.
– Remove the cauliflower from the oven, add salt to taste and start by tossing with with the dressing in your large bowl. Then toss with dates, toasted pistachios, and herbs. Add salt if needed. Done!